See related issue here (

I have created a custom url alias for a custom content type with url alias being "question/[nid]." The content type is being referenced by another node type. I am using the custom breadcrumb module to link from the other node type to the referenced path.

I am developing on a localhost thus making the home path "localhost/drupal." When I test the custom breadcrumb on the node itself it generates a path of "localhost/drupal/drupal/question/[nid]." It seems that pathauto is adding an additional "/drupal" despite it not being a part of the url alias.

I have tried other things with the custom breadcrumb path such as adding the special identifier for pathauto,
. It did not fix the issue it produced a different yet still incorrect path of "localhost/drupal/drupalquestion/[nid]"

I am not sure whether it is a custom breadcrumb module issue or a pathauto issue. I am running D6.19 on XAMPP if it means anything.


Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


Dave Reid’s picture

Status: Active » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

If you look in your {url_alias} table, do your aliases actually have 'drupal/' at the beginning of them? If not, then it is not a Pathauto problem.

Dave Reid’s picture

Status: Postponed (maintainer needs more info) » Closed (cannot reproduce)
organicHack’s picture

Pathauto can be a little quirky on localhost. I haven't done anything with the custom breadcrumb module as stated here, but I use Node Hierarchy to help my clients create a sensible page structure automatically. The same things as reported happens.

  • DRUPAL LOCATION: localhost/local-drupal
  • TOP LEVEL EXAMPLE: test-parent-1
  • CHILD EXAMPLE: local-drupaltest-parent-1/test-child-1
  • TOKEN: [node:nodehierarchy:parent:url:relative]/[node:title]

So you can see that it knows to ignore "localhost" but "local-drupal" is the actual root of the site. The parent pages (top level) generate urls fine... but the child aliases are quirky (local-drupaltest-parent-1/test-child-1). Strangely when I push the site live it generates correct urls simply because the site exists in the root ( not a sub-directory.

Hopefully that is a little more helpful info for this one!

organicHack’s picture

Version: 6.x-1.5 » 7.x-1.x-dev
Status: Closed (cannot reproduce) » Needs review

Sorry, an update on my last comment. This is with Drupal 7.x, not Drupal 6. I also did not change the status.