As we talked in the IRC, i told you i will help with the project_api and the drush_make_builder.
After studiing the code of the project API i was stumbling uppon limitations which are complete show-stoppers for me.
1. You cant handle multiple sources and no overlays. Its not possible to have a module with the same name from different sources ( thats what an overlay means). This is pretty important for the drush make builder if you include your own feature server to be part of the party and you want to select between the views module of d.o and the one of your server etc.
2. No support for feature server ( well that could be easy implemented though, but still the multi-source limitation )
3. the database structure in general is limited for multi-sources
4. There is no implementation of fetching all projects informations like releases and so forth. In general the fetching process is pretty hard to extend, you would need to reimplement it. Thats why i have chosen a OOP architecture.
Iam not writing down those things to stop on your toes - not at all. I just want to make sure that you know, i looked at your module and not just "started a new one".
In general the module is still in the early phases, rather unfinished yet, what is fine. But out of the archtictural reasons and the current status i decided to make a complete rewrite. The idea behind the project is _exactly_ the same, even with a larger scope.
I think update_feed_api is more complete now then project_api is, i have implemented a lot of things the last past days. I also added the documentation.
So my question is, why should we have 2 projects of this type, especially if it is an API for the same thing. Just let me know how you think about.
The current project can be found under http://github.com/EugenMayer/update_feed_api - documentation is also quiet far already.