Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
After much frustrating debugging and testing, I found that when Node Locations is enabled for a content type, Location CCK will not work on that same content type. It would have been really good to know this going in, so I'd like to respectfully request that the project page be updated with a disclaimer: Node Locations and Location CCK cannot be used on the same content type at the same time.
Steps to replicate the problem:
- Install and enable Location, Node Locations, CCK, and Location CCK.
- Create a content type. Add a Location CCK field.
- Create a node of this type. Verify that you can add and edit locations in the CCK location field.
- Edit the content type and set the Locative Information to allow one or more locations.
- Edit the node again and add a location to it. It will default to the location you previously entered in the CCK field.
- Edit the node again and change the CCK location. Notice how it disappears, no matter what you do.
I'm off to switch my node locations to CCK... hope this saves someone a headache!