Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This patch was split off from New module administration page with many new features. It will do the following:
- Create .meta files to accompany each module file.
- Within the meta file, give each module a human readable name and a description.
- Take the module description out of hook_help for each module.
- In the module listing, parse the .meta files rather than loading the entire module file to get its description.
- Paves the way for more sophisticated information kept in module files, which could hold all sorts of benefits in the future, including telling what version of a module you're using, etc.
- Should dramatically decrease the number of people reporting White Screen of Death errors on the admin/modules screen, which anyone who does Drupal support on the forums or IRC will tell you is probably the most common problem. :)
Leaving "active" for now; will mark as "patch (code needs review)" when I get the module administration page parsing as described. I just don't want to lose all this work somehow. ;)