Adding fields to the comments for a content type
Last updated on
23 August 2016
To add fields to the comment form for a given content type:
- Navigate to the Content types administration page (Administer > Structure > Content types or
- Find the content type for which you'd like to add fields on the comment form, and click "Manage fields" next to it.
- Click the "Comment fields" tab.
- In the "Add new field" section, enter a human readable "Label" for the field.
- In the "Name" field, enter the machine name for the field. (You can only use numbers, lower-case letters, and underscores.)
- In the "Select a field type" dropdown list, select one of the following types:
- List (numeric)
- List (text)
- Long text
- Long text and summary
- Term reference
- In the "Widget" dropdown, select a widget. The options vary depending on the field type chosen.
- Click "Save".