This is a semi-backport of the auto-hiding of modules that have hidden = TRUE in their .info files. It is confusing for end-users when there are Drupal 6 modules only used for SimpleTests but shouldn't ever be enabled. Why should they see them in the first place? We should backport this behaviour from Drupal 7.

Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


Dave Reid’s picture

Dave Reid’s picture

Status: Active » Needs review
787 bytes
Gábor Hojtsy’s picture

Looks reasonable, can we have a tester or two? :)

sun’s picture

Manual testing probably means:

1) Enable, disable, uninstall, re-install some modules and ensure it works properly. Also ensure that dependencies are taken into account.

2) Comment out a hidden = TRUE declaration, and enable that module.

3) Uncomment that declaration, and enable, disable, ... some modules. The hidden one should stay enabled.

Dave Reid’s picture

Hidden modules should not be enabled by end-users, so they should not stay enabled. I'm not sure why we'd want to test that or dependencies?

EDIT: I guess to make sure that *normal* module functionality works, so makes sense. It's been working so far for me on lots of enables and disables. Testing is also working fine.

Dave Reid’s picture

Anyone care to RTBC? I've been using this on some client sites with no issues.

Dave Reid’s picture

Reviewing the code in D7 I actually found a bug because the hidden modules I had didn't have dependencies[] in their .info files. If I added dependencies[] = xmlsitemap to, I got errors on the module page. Revamped the patch to use the code in D7's system_modules(). This should be ready for final review.

Damien Tournoud’s picture

Looks good to me from a code review perspective, but need some actual testers.

sun’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

I've manually tested this patch and it seems to be working fine.

Gábor Hojtsy’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Fixed

Thanks, committed.

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.