Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
How to use Nodeblock:
- Install the Nodeblock module the usual way at admin/build/modules.
- Edit the content type that you wish to use as a block. In most situations you would create a simple content type named Block to use as your custom blocks, but you shouldn't feel limited to just this usage. Any type of node, using any type of field may be used as a nodeblock.
- Select the Enabled radio button on the Available as block field.
- Create block nodes and watch them populate your block list!
Using settings to change display for specific blocks on their block configuration pages:
- You can get rid of node links like comment, edit, etc. by unchecking that box under "Block specific settings"
- You can remove the title by placing
<none>in the title box
Using settings to change display for all blocks of a certain node type :
- To remove post information, the "submitted by" field, uncheck the box for that node type under "display post information on:" at admin/build/themes/settings
How to theme your node blocks:
Copy the node-nodeblock-default.tpl.php file from the nodeblock module folder to your theme folder, rename it to node-nodeblock.tpl.php (replacing 'nodeblock' with the name of your content type which you use for blocks) and start theming it as usual.