Hello,

I have a local Drupal 8.0.6 website and I wish to uninstall a module. I go to 'extend - uninstall' and select the module name and click uninstall. Then, I keep getting this message on a white screen:

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

I tried to delete it manually in my modules folder by renaming the folder as well as deleting it but I get this error:

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/Users/mylocal/Desktop/adaptivebodywork/modules/ubercart/shipping/uc_fulfillment/src/ParamConverter/PackageConverter.php' (include_path='.:/Users/mylocal/Desktop/common/pear:/usr/lib/php') in /Users/mylocal/Desktop/websitename/vendor/symfony/class-loader/ApcClassLoader.php on line 110

I tried doing it manually via my database manager but there is no 'system' table to be found anywhere. The ubercart module is breaking my site and I need to get rid of it but can't so I'm really stuck. Please note that I can't uninstall any module as I've tried other ones and they also throw the first message on a white screen.

Any advice would be gratefully received. How to uninstall a module as none of the proposed normal methods are working.

Thanks.

M

Comments

lilbebel created an issue. See original summary.

lilbebel’s picture

Issue summary: View changes
lilbebel’s picture

Issue summary: View changes
TR’s picture

This and the other issue you filed in the Ubercart issue queue leads me to believe there is something wrong with your site configuration. "Failed opening required '/Users/mylocal/Desktop/adaptivebodywork/modules/ubercart/shipping/uc_fulfillment/src/ParamConverter/PackageConverter.php" just doesn't make sense at all, because that file, ubercart/shipping/uc_fulfillment/src/ParamConverter/PackageConverter.php DOES exist in the Ubercart distribution.

If it is not found on your site, then that indicates a larger problem. You can't just delete a folder - that will NEVER work. If the uninstall results in a whitescreen, you need to look into the dblog and web server log to see what the problem is.

Ubercart can be installed and uninstalled without errors on a clean site, for example on simplytest.me.

lilbebel’s picture

Thank you TD. My site is local so I don't have a server log. The only log access I have is reports/recent log messages. Are you referring to a separate log? The only message the log keeps issuing is the one I posted.

In your opinion, would it be best for me to do a fresh install? As mentioned, I am not a programmer so it is beyond my ability to scan through complex code to troubleshoot at this level. I wish I could but I am a themer rather than a programmer. Sorry if this causes frustration. I am trying my best to find answers and have tried all sorts of advice online from running composer and drush console commands to using the UI to trying to fix things via phpmyadmin but to no avail.

M

TR’s picture

Even a local site needs to run a webserver, and it's the webserver error log you need to look at.

The problem here can be as simple as a too-small memory limit, but regardless there will be something listed in your error log.

ajalan065’s picture

Hi lilbebel,
This may also result if you have accidentally tampered the code of some critical modules, which now results in this error. I had the same problem few months ago, which made me re-configure my local site.
You may have a look at your error.log to figure out where does the site breaks down exactly.

lilbebel’s picture

Thank you TR and ajalan065,

Apologies for the slow reply. I have not been well. Thank you both for your input. In the end, I spent a few more hours troubleshooting and trying to uninstall first the submodules and then the main module via Drush in my terminal but the commandline started outputting copious amounts of errors and warnings and the process became akin to wrestling Godzilla. I spoke with a good friend of mine who is a Drupal expert and we both concluded that it was better that I start from scratch. So, that is what I did. So far, everything is going well apart from one task request that I have posted about separately. The only thing that I consciously did differently this time was to not enable the address module in Drupal core. That may or may not have anything to do with it but, like I say, that is the only thing that I consciously did different. It does not rule out the possibility that I inadvertently altered something in the previous version that made the site go haywire. Sorry I can't shed any more light on this and thank you again for your time and effort.

TR’s picture

Status: Active » Closed (cannot reproduce)