It would be really nice to see an option to display all the thumbnails with the same aspect ratio. In otherwords, instead of just offering the maximum width of the thumbnail, add an option to support an internal crop.


#6 brilliant_gallery.patch7.29 KBpluess


jan.n’s picture

Title:Just a Suggestion» Cropping Thumbnails, square thumbs
Assigned:cbrompton» Unassigned

Changed title to better reflect the request

castawaybcn’s picture

I would also be very interested in this feature!

I am using 6.x-3.0 though


totkoo’s picture

I'd also like to see this feature. Subscribing!

nutkenz’s picture

I'm also very interested

Calymari’s picture

I would also like to see this feature!

pluess’s picture

Version:5.x-3.1» 6.x-3.4
Assigned:Unassigned» pluess
new7.29 KB

Since I also wanted to have croped thumbnails, I added this to the code. The patch is against 6.x-3.4.

Vacilando’s picture

@pluess, thanks for working on that!

Unfortunately, the -dev code has changed a lot recently (lots of fixes, improvements) -- could I please ask you to roll a patch against that version.
I will then have a look / test and if all fine commit the new version.

charlieobrian’s picture

Thanks for the patch pluess, works as expected. Hope it will appear in the next version.

castawaybcn’s picture

Version:6.x-3.5» 6.x-3.4
Status:Fixed» Active

thanks for working in such a needed feature. Unfortunately it does not seem to work at all in my case. It also throws this error in the galeries admin page:

warning: Missing argument 5 for load_dir_to_array(), called in /path/to/my/installation/sites/all/modules/brilliant_gallery/brilliant_gallery.module on line 401 and defined in /path/to/my/installation/sites/all/modules/brilliant_gallery/ on line 39.

Am I missing some dependencies or configuration options (I did check the crop checkbox and cleared caches just in case)?

updating to 6.x-3.5 fixed it and now it is working as expected. Thanks a lot pluess!!

Vacilando’s picture

Version:6.x-3.4» 6.x-3.x-dev
Status:Active» Needs review

Thanks again for the initiative and code, pluess. I've implemented it in the current dev version, with some changes (the dimension calculation in load_dir_to_array() needs to be conditional), and just a few whiles ago committed as a new dev version!

Please review and let me know whether things work as expected.

Vacilando’s picture

Version:6.x-3.x-dev» 6.x-3.5
Status:Needs review» Fixed

Looks good to go. Committed to 6.x-3.5!

Version:6.x-3.4» 6.x-3.5
Status:Active» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.