Problem/Motivation

stack/builder v1.0.3 is not compatible with Symfony 3 which we want to upgrade in #2712647: Update Symfony components to ~3.2. https://github.com/stackphp/builder/issues/21 is the issue to get a stable release for stack/builder, which got fixed, so stack/builder v1.0.4 is now available.

Proposed resolution

Update stack/builder to 1.0.4 so that we can update to Symfony 3 as soon as possible.

Remaining tasks

Review patch.

User interface changes

None

API changes

None.

Data model changes

None.

Comments

jibran created an issue. See original summary.

jibran’s picture

Status: Active » Needs review
StatusFileSize
new3.15 KB

Here is the patch.

jibran’s picture

jibran’s picture

Status: Needs review » Postponed
simensen’s picture

I'll try to get this issue w/ stack/builder resolved this week.

klausi’s picture

Status: Postponed » Needs review

Do we have to wait on the stackphp release or can we just use dev-master in composer.json? I forgot if we have a policy about non-stable dependencies in composer, do we have a doc page or something else for that?

Alternatively we can just fork stackphp and make our own stable release, but I think depending on a dev version is the lesser evil.

dawehner’s picture

I don't think we have a policy around that. IMHO creating a fork with different stable versions would be just more confusing.

jibran’s picture

I left a message for @simensen on the related issue on github.

dawehner’s picture

IMHO we should not have to wait for an upstream release, but I'm not sure whether there might be a policy around that.

klausi’s picture

StatusFileSize
new2.36 KB

Agreed, so let's go ahead with the dev version in composer.json.

Patch does not apply anymore, rerolled. I also added the specific git hash to composer.json to make sure people always get this version when they mess with composer update.

IMO this is RTBC, can someone double check and change the status.

klausi’s picture

Issue summary: View changes

Fixed issue summary.

dawehner’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

Patch does not apply anymore, rerolled. I also added the specific git hash to composer.json to make sure people always get this version when they mess with composer update.

Good idea!

jeroent’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Needs work
simensen’s picture

I apologize on the delay for this. Life happened and I'm in the process of getting someone else to help maintain StackPHP going forward. Hopefully this will get you unstuck for now but if there are issues with this build let me know and I'll see if I can get around to it more quickly this time around.

Thanks for your patience.

klausi’s picture

Status: Needs work » Needs review
StatusFileSize
new1.6 KB

Cool, so we only need to update composer.lock.

klausi’s picture

Issue summary: View changes
dawehner’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

@simensen
No worries, life is always more important than this opensource thing. Thanks a ton!

It's cool to see when the version updates are actually small!

  • catch committed 0107be6 on 8.2.x
    Issue #2712637 by klausi, jibran, dawehner, simensen, JeroenT: Update...
catch’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Fixed

Committed/pushed to 8.2.x, thanks!

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

webchick’s picture

Issue tags: +8.2.0 release notes

Since this paves the way for Symfony 3, may be worth calling out in the release notes.