The D8 content translation model allows to create per-language variants of a single entity, as opposed to the D7 model that groupes separate entities (nodes) with different languages in translation sets.
When we come to revision support, the D8 approach is less flexible than the D7 one, as it can support only per-revision translations, while the D7 approach allows to have independent revisions for each translation.
Currently revision handling with multilingual entities is not working properly, both on the functional side and on the UI side, mainly because of the inability to deal with revisions independently for each translation.
Emulate per-language revisions at UI level by tracking which translations were affected for each revision, which allows to implement per-language revision listing, reverting, and comparing.
We identified the following issues:
- Track affected revision translations by storing per-language modification timestamps:
- When reverting a revision process only affected translations:
- Improve the node revision UI to support per-language revision handling:
- Improve concurrent editing:
- Improve (revision) write performance:
- Translatable entity 'created' and 'uid' fields not initialized properly during content translation 'Add':
- Make the node entity's revision_log untranslatable:
User interface changes
None foreseen at the moment, just additions.