Integrates Drupal with the Email Validator: Email Address Online Verification API. As it is said in the service's website, the validation process includes the following steps:
- Syntax verification
- DNS validation including MX record lookup
- Disposable email address (DEA) detection
- SMTP connection and availability checking
- Temporary unavailability detection
- Mailbox existence checking
- Catch-All testing
- Greylisting detection
In case the service is unavailable at the moment, this module may use Drupal's built-in valid_email_address() function, assume a valid email address or assume an invalid email address. The administrator of the website may change the action to use, using the configuration form of this module.
Nothing unusual here. Just copy this module's folder in your site's modules folder (ex. sites/all/modules) and enable the module from the modules' page.
Go to Email Address Online Verification API and get your free API key. Then go to admin/config/people/emailvalidator and paste your API key. Make sure you also decide what the module should do in case the service is unavailable.
This module integrates with the user's registration form and the contact module. It also validates the fields created by the Email field widget. Validation of the Email field widget may be skipped per field instance from the UI using the field settings form.
This module relies on a 3rd-party service API which requires a premium-plan in case you want to pass the limits of the free plan. If this is your scenario, you might want to check instead the Email Verify module which only requires your Drupal installation to work. The Email Verify module was suggested by sirtet(@see ).
Why not join forces with the Email Verify module?
There are no plans on this module and the Email Verify module to become one. And I believe it should stay this way. Email Validator is just one of the tens of 3rd party services which provide email validation. Email Verify is a standalone module which might even be better than any of these services - since Drupal community is the testing community ;)
Notice: I am not in any way related to the company powering up the Email Validator service. I just developed the Drupal integration.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Mail, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 29 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,973
- Last modified: 5 June 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.