ConfigImportAllTest should use the UI to do the import because this is a better test of enabling modules and importing configuration and ensure the batch still works.
This is critical because config importing through the UI can be proved not to currently work.
Use Config UI.
Review and commit patch. The current patch in #13 contains fixes for various issue found whilst debugging config import failures:
- Serialisation of the config DatabaseStorage caused additional database connections to be created during the sync process
- A full container rebuild and cache flush is necessary after installing and uninstalling modules
- A new config import validation event prevents the config module from being uninstalled so that the route will still exist after importing
- Migrate config entities fixes to use their schema for deciding what properties to export
- SimpletestResultsForm is constructed during a route rebuild this causes a failure because necessary services are not available during the kernel destruct event.
User interface changes
N.b. this issue was re-purposed from the original issue because batching actually was implemented by.
Original report by @YesCT
implement sensible batching of extension install and uninstall during config import.
1808248 introduced a test that enabled all modules at once. (explain why that is bad. something to do with loading all default configuration, and taking a really long time)
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 73,607 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 73,038 pass(es). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 72,852 pass(es), 9 fail(s), and 4 exception(s). View