Updated: Comment #11
At the moment all configuration entities created with a UUID. This creates issues for programatically created configuration entities during module install because if you enable the same module on two sites then the resulting configuration is different. Issues tagged with default configuration have been explored whether or not it is possible to provide defaults for all configuration created during install time. This approach has several problems:
- We have to set a special flag during module install that modules have to use to decide whether or not it is appropriate to create additional configuration entities. See https://drupal.org/comment/8160213#comment-8160213
- Conceptually every site having configuration entities with the same UUIDs is mind boggling.
Change UUID to a creation ID that during module, profile and theme install is predictable but uses UUIDs during regular run time.
Agree that the approach in the initial patch works.
- discuss whether we should rename the UUID key to creation_id
- fix field instances to not refer to field's UUID (separate issue)
- agree approach to creation IDs in default config - either force unset in
config_install_default_config()or throw an error in
User interface changes
- Possible removal of UUID from configuration entities
- Possible rename of UUID configuration entity key to creation_id
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,077 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,013 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,054 pass(es). View