Now that Drupal 8 downloads real Drupal 8 translations following, we can go and figure out translation problems. I found a big one right away with the "Extend" menu item. Looks like "Extend" is a word used elsewhere as "make it apply for a longer time" at least I assume that may be the case with the "Auto expire" module for example. Drupal 8 menu uses this as "add more components". This is an English word that is ambiguous for translation and would need context to disambiguate. Now the problem is menus / routing / tabs don't allow for such context to be specified.
The very concrete problem at hand is the Hungarian team translated "Extend" as the Hungarian equivalent of "lengthen" (ie. "extend my vacation", instead of "extend" as in "extend the system with more components"). I went to *fix* the translation, but given how wide this applies to, "fixing" it may as well brake it for other uses:
Mistranslation as appears in Drupal 8:
Mistranslation as it appears on localize.drupal.org:
1. Need way to attach context to strings in routing / tabs / contextual links and apply context to at least the string "Extend". As more ambiguous strings are found, apply context to those too. This is covered in this patch.
2. Carry that over to the menu system: (ONLY the completion of this would make the "Extend" mistranslation go away and the proper contextualized text to prevail in the menu)
User interface changes
New keys to specify context for strings in routing / tabs / action links.
handles carrying this data over to the menu system.
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,728 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,525 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,637 pass(es). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,059 pass(es), 2 fail(s), and 0 exception(s). View