Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Updated: Comment #5
Far more core issues are filed against "base system" than anything else -- as of this writing, 900 total open issues, with 70 of them unresolved majors or criticals. The label is so vague, and the category so broad, that it makes it difficult to triage this queue, identify stakeholders, etc.
The maintainers for "base system" in MAINTAINERS.txt are:
Base system - Károly Négyesi 'chx' http://drupal.org/user/9446 - Damien Tournoud 'DamZ' http://drupal.org/user/22211 - Moshe Weitzman 'moshe weitzman' http://drupal.org/user/23 - Kat Bailey 'katbailey' http://drupal.org/user/172987 - Larry Garfield 'Crell' http://drupal.org/user/26398
All people who deal with low-level plumbing, for sure. But what, in particular? And can these people really provide maintainership for so many issues?
Base system is not:
- The installer (has a separate entry)
- Routing (has a separate entry)
Base system might include:
- The kernel
- The container
- Stuff in
core/includesthat doesn't have its own listing, especially stuff from
- Stuff in
Drupal\Corethat doesn't have its own listing.
- Stuff for
system.modulethat got misfiled.
- Stuff people don't know how to file.
- General requests for new features, policies, etc.
Let's refine the "base system" component.
- Identify specific sub-categories that could be added as separate components:
- Look for patterns in the "base system" queue.
- Identify components in
core/includesthat do not have their own listings, and determine which (if not all) could be added as their own component.
- Get feedback from "base system" maintainers and core developers.
- Add these components to 3060.
- Add these components to MAINTANERS.txt, and identify maintainers for them.
- Triage the "base system" queue to move relevant issues to new (or existing) components where appropriate.
All open issues: https://drupal.org/project/issues/drupal?version=8.x&component=base+system
Majors and criticals: https://drupal.org/project/issues/search/drupal?status%5B%5D=1&status%5B...
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 58,412 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 58,531 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 57,566 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 57,214 pass(es). View