Steps to reproduce
- Install Drupal 8
- Create an article
- Write something, then click "source" (before saving)
- Add the html tags for H4 around a piece of text - in my case, I replaced the <p> tags with h4
- Click "source" again ...
- ... and then click "source" again, so that you're back in source-editing mode
What I expected to happen
The text should be formatted as H4
The H4 had been reverted back to P - i.e. the changes had been ignored.
Funnily enough, if I do the following, the changes are saved:
- Navigate to Configuration -> Content Authoring -> Text formats and editing
- Drag and drop the "Format" item to the toolbar
- Go back to your piece of content and repeat steps from "Steps to reproduce"
- ... and it works. I.e. the change to H4 (whether through Wysiwyg or editing the source) are saved in the text. [NB - the H4 still doesn't display in the saved text. I've written an issue for that too.]