Primary use cases
Tours have two primary use cases:
- To draw the user's attention to critical components of the interface, especially those elements that might not be immediately obvious
- To guide the user through a workflow
The general principles of Tours are:
- Tours are a complement (not a substitute) for good interface design.
- Tour text should follow the Drupal style guide for interface text.
- The tour should start and end in a logical place
- If the tour is intended to illustrate a workflow, it should stay focused on completion of a single task. Avoid providing tangential information.
- If the tour is intended to highlight the UI, it may not be necessary or desirable to include every option for every widget.
- Keep tip content short, preferably 1 to 2 sentences.
- Provide examples to give a deeper understanding of tips context.