Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
We have a pretty generic Panopoly distro right now.
To Reproduce the Problem
- Enable the l10n_client and l10n_update modules
- Add a language (admin/config/regional/language). I'm using Spanish.
- Set the new language as default. A bar should appear at the bottom of the screen with a button "Translate Text". (Or whatever the text on the button is translated to. In my case, that's "Traducir Texto")
- Go back to Home. (In Spanish, "Inicio.")
At the bottom of the screen, I see at the Panopoly bar appear with two buttons: "Customize this page" and "Change this layout". l10n_client's Translate Text button is no longer visible. It's still there--Looking at the page with Firebug, I still find all of the l10_client On Page Editor, the user just can't see it or use it.
If I now go back to the language configuration screen, the Translate Text button appears again. I click on this to open the l10n_client translation area. Once again, I go to Home. The l10n_client translation area is still open, which is good. However, the Panopoly bar still covers the bottom of it.
The problem is that the l10n_client "On Page Editor" and the Panopoly "In Page Editor" both use the same concepts. Both use on-page editing and a menu bar at the bottom of the screen. The Panopoly editor happens to take precedence when both are on the page.
I think this will confuse translators/content editors.
I can think of two possible solutions:
- It'd be nice to see the Panopoly In Page Editor bar float above the l10n_client On Page Editor area. (I've been trying to figure out how to do this but I'm not very familiar with CSS yet.)
- Add a button for the l10n_client On Page Editor to the Panopoly bar. I don't like this because this button is redundant. However, it has the slight advantage of making the button look consistent with the the other two buttons.
The code adding Panopoly buttons to the In Page Editor is in panels_renderer_ip.class.php. The code for the l10n_client on page editor is in function l10n_client_page_alter() in l10n_client.module.