- 1 person on Drupal.org
- 3rd party Integration, Accessibility, Consulting, Content strategy, Data migration, Deployment, Design, Development, E-commerce, Front-end Development, Information architecture, Infrastructure Planning, Marketing and Social Media, Mobile App Development, Mobile Site Development, Multilingual websites, Performance Tuning and Optimization, Project Management, Quality Assurance, SEO, Site Audits, Site Building, Support, Theming, Upgrades, Usability
- Banking and Financial, Community, E-Commerce, Enterprise, Entertainment, Government, Healthcare, Legal Industry, Manufacturing and Energy, Media, Non-profit, Publishing, Retail and Distribution, Small business, Social Networking, Sports, Startups, Technology, Telecommunications, Travel and Hospitality, Urban planning
- United States
- Austin, Texas
Our services revolve around the six areas core to online success:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Enterprise Content Management
- Mobile Solutions
- Digital Marketing & Analytics
- Social Media
We offer a rigorous methodology, deep experience building business solutions, and a proven track record of enhancing clients' products and services. Our team helps organizations integrate strategies, processes, and advanced technology, and ensures solutions meet company needs, success metrics, and customer expectations.
Our consultants provide a unique mix of the innovation and creativity that exists in startups, with the knowledge and business savvy found in big corporations. Many members of our team have worked at large consulting firms providing services to Fortune 500 companies, while others have experience as entrepreneurs and leaders of start-up businesses. Some have done both.
This wide spectrum of skills allows us to share with clients the key traits which make big organizations successful, while providing the nimbleness and agility necessary to meet the demands of startups, emerging businesses, and non-profit organizations. We are smart, creative and technologically adept. We're not just technologists buried in computers; we are creative business minds that see the big picture, while understanding the technical details.
We have shared our expertise with groups ranging from Fortune 500 businesses to innovative startups. Whether you are an inspirational thought leader, an aspiring entrepreneur, or a corporation seeking to shape the future, we can help.
We always focus on four key items in our services:
- Quality - we are always thoughtful and diligent in our work.
- Partnership - we treat a client's business as though it was our own.
- Quickness - for growing businesses, quick answers are everything.
- Expertise - we bring bright minds that can think outside of well-worn boxes.
We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to provide top-notch expertise, exceptional service and bright ideas. Learn more about our experiences by reviewing our recent projects, case studies, and client testimonials.
The Shimshock Group has been an active contributor to the Drupal community for over 7 years.
We quickly realized the potential of the growing open source movement in the early 2000s, and in particular the progress of Drupal. We decided to join the Drupal community in 2007 to collaborate, contribute, and help the project continue to grow. Since then we have been extremely proactive in posting feedback and patches to Drupal.org for a wide range of modules, most notably those in areas such as ecommerce, geolocation, groups, and media. We also regularly respond to open issues to help others who need guidance.
A sampling of Drupal modules where we have provided consistent expertise and interaction include:
- eCommerce with both Ubercart and Drupal Commerce, especially regarding Subscriptions, Recurring Payments Functionality, Discounts, Downloadable Products, PayPal, PayPal Subscriptions and Authorize.net Customer Information Manager
- Advanced Forum, covering a wide variety of subjects including Templating, Template Enhancements, Theming, Panels integration, Upgrades and Installation
- Geolocation capabilities, including GMap, CCK Address Field, Location module functionality, and historical modules such as gProximity and Google Client Geocoder
- Newsletter and Messaging using Simplenews, Simplenews Actions, Print, Email, and PDF versions and Mime Mail functionality
- Rich Text Editor capabilities, including WYSIWYG, TinyMCE, Image Assist functionality, CK Editor, and nicEdit
- Varnish, APC and Memcache Integration
- Advertisements Module and Ad Documentation
- Organic Groups and OG Views
- Views and Views RSS
- Private Messaging
- Activity Log
- Date and Calendar
- Administration Menu
- Facebook Share and Like
- User Karma
- Media Players such as SWF Tools
As well, the Shimshock Group is a vocal supporter of the Drupal platform. Team members participate in local meetups and camps, and we actively share best practices with all of our clients and client developers. We are committed to helping make Drupal the best content management solution in the world.