<?php
$explanation
= t('Field type(s) in use - see !link', array('!link' => l(t('Field list'), 'admin/reports/fields')));
?>

Should be changed according to http://drupal.org/node/322774.

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#2 1587822-8.patch699 bytesbfroehle
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 36,615 pass(es).
[ View ]
#1 1587822.patch983 bytesdrumm
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 39,123 pass(es).
[ View ]

Comments

drumm’s picture

Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new983 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 39,123 pass(es).
[ View ]

Patch attached.

bfroehle’s picture

Version:7.x-dev» 8.x-dev
StatusFileSize
new699 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 36,615 pass(es).
[ View ]

And for D8.

hass’s picture

Status:Needs review» Reviewed & tested by the community

Looks code wise correct.

Dries’s picture

Version:8.x-dev» 7.x-dev
Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Patch (to be ported)

Committed to 8.x. We should probably backport this to 7.x.

bfroehle’s picture

Status:Patch (to be ported)» Reviewed & tested by the community

The patch in #1 is for 7.x.

tim.plunkett’s picture

Issue tags:+needs backport to D7

Tagging.

David_Rothstein’s picture

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Needs review

Do we know that this particular string is causing issues for translators due to the way it's currently set up?

I know in general this is bad practice, but not sure it's worth breaking D7 translations for unless we know of an actual problem (i.e. lack of context) that this specific string is causing the translations currently.

Because if we do change it, we make a whole bunch of translators go back and redo their work, right?

hass’s picture

Status:Needs review» Reviewed & tested by the community

Translation is no problem... We can change this string... Core has no 100% complete translations... L10n_update will refresh all strings... We fixed hundreds of strings in DE translation in past 2 months, too. Since we are no longer using .PO files I see no longer a reason to hold string changes back.

David_Rothstein’s picture

It still causes English strings to appear on sites that previously had it translated, until someone does the work to re-translate it for whichever language the site is using.

Per http://drupal.org/node/1527558 I suppose we can consider this though (especially since it's an admin-only string)... but let's wait until right after the next Drupal 7 release to commit it, as described in the guidelines there. Leaving at RTBC for now.

hass’s picture

Do you know how many strings are not translated? :-) there is no 100% translation and if we talk about quality... OMG

webchick’s picture

Per David, holding this until after 7.15. If you want to make sure this happens faster, please help with release blockers! :)

David_Rothstein’s picture

Ah, I actually messed up here a bit. I wanted to wait until after the 7.15 release to commit it because (at the time I wrote the above) it seemed like 7.15 might potentially be imminent. But then once the release got postponed by a month or so, I could have come back here and committed it then.

Sorry about that, but at this point, let's just wait. This string is not causing any active harm to anyone in its current form. I'll plan to get it committed right after the next Drupal 7 release comes out, though.

drumm’s picture

Assigned:drumm» Unassigned
Issue tags:-Drupal.org D7, -porting

Untagging for D.o -> D7, this was worked around.

webchick’s picture

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Fixed

Ok it's now after 7.15, so committed and pushed this to 7.x. Thanks!

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

David_Rothstein’s picture

Issue tags:+7.17 release notes

String change, so adding this to the release notes and CHANGELOG.txt.