Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
As you develop your distribution, you can take steps to ensure that what you build is compatible with the features provided by other distribution developers.
- The Kit feature specification provides specific guidelines for ensuring your distribution's features integrate with diverse sites and the features provided by other distributions.
- The Open App specification provides specific guidelines for ensuring your distribution's features integrate with diverse sites and the features provided by other distributions.
Efforts are underway to expand the Kit specification, see Debut, which provides extended guidelines for feature integration.. One extension of the Kit specification is
- The Features module is the leading tool for capturing bundles of configuration in Drupal distributions.
- Drush make is a powerful command line tool for automating parts of the distribution process.
- Apps "provides facilities to download modules and all of their dependencies in one easy step".
- Feature set "allows site builders and install profile maintainers to expose a simplified administration page that allows users to enable and disable complete sets of functionality without having to expose the features admin page or the modules administration page to end users".
See also links to articles and tutorials on the additional distribution documentation handbook page.
- Distinguish between "hard" and "soft" configuration. When building a distribution, some configuration should be left for site admins to override rather than being hard set. See Hard and Soft configuration in Drupal Distributions for details.
Packaging your distribution
See the section on packaging a distribution on Drupal.org for detailed instructions.