Here's what I did:
- [D6] - Installed Field Permissions module while Content Permissions module was still enabled.
- [D6] - Disabled and then uninstalled Content Permissions module.
- [D6] - Confirmed that permissions were still in the Permissions admin page.
- [D6] - Disabled all contrib modules.
- [D6] - Upgraded core to D7.
- [D7] - Upgraded all of contrib to D7.
- [D7] - Confirmed Field Permissions schema version at 7001.
- [D7] - Used CCK's content_migrate module to migrate CCK fields to D7 fields (all successful).
- [D7] - Enabled Field Permissions.
- [D7] - Went to Permissions admin page, nothing but the two default permissions (admin perms, access private) listed for the module.
- [D7] - Went to admin page for a few of my fields that had custom content permissions set in D6 and noticed they were all set to "Public". When I selected "Custom" none of the checkboxes were checked.
I expected the custom content permissions set on the CCK fields in D6 to be set up as "Custom" permissions on the D7 fields. Do I need to manually reconfigure all field permissions? That would defeat the purpose of the D6 version of the Field Permissions module.