Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
I have a custom content type (customer profile), I have set a default pattern for the page title and I checked the "show field" checkbox of page title in the content type settings (and the page title field shows in my custom content edit page), but when I change the page title in the custom content edit form, the pattern is used instead of what I entered in the page title field. I check the permissions, and rebuild them. The overriden page title is saved correctly because when I edit the custom content page again, it shows the correct page title in the edit field, but when you save the form, and look at the HTML source of the page, the pattern is used, not the custom value entered in the page title field of the edit form.