The 7.x-1.x branch supports the SellOnline API. Canada Post plans on retiring this API but their technical support says it will continue work "well into 2014" with "a long buffer time for our customers convenience".
The 7.x-2.x branch supports the new Canada Post web services API.
- A Canada Post Sell Online Merchant ID is required, visit the Canada Post Sell Online website or contact the SellOnline help desk (email@example.com or call 1-866-511-0546) for instructions on how to get one.
- Ensure that the firewall on your web server allows outgoing connections to http://sellonline.canadapost.ca on port 30000.
- A Canada Post Developer Program API key is required. See this page for instructions (follow steps 1 to 3).
Installation and Configuration
Once installed, browse to the settings form (admin/commerce/config/shipping/methods/canadapost/edit) and enter your credentials (CPC ID for 7.x-1.x branch, Customer Number & Production API Key for the 7.x-2.x branch). Shipping services (Expedited, Xpresspost, etc) can be enabled/disabled from this form in addition to changing basic settings like turnaround time, origin postal code, and markup/handling rates (for the 7.x-1.x branch, these will override the settings in your Canada Post Sell Online account).
You will also need to add a physical weight field (from the Physical Fields module) to your product variation types (admin/commerce/config/product-variation-types) and supply weight values for your products. If no weight can be determined for an order, the module will not return any shipping rates. The name of the weight field does not matter.
Notes when upgrading from 7.x-1.x to 7.x-2.x
Upgrading to 2.x will require re-selecting available shipping services.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: E-commerce
- Reported installs: 141 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,621
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.