Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Request for support of Canadian addresses in module "Address field for CCK".
I looked at the official CanadaPost guide and for civic addresses found the following components:
- additional delivery information is optional data that a mailer wishes to include. (title, floor, etc.) It is always placed above the civic address
- unit number - Unit/Apt/Suite
- civic number - street number assigned by the municipality
- civic number suffix (123A or 123 1/2)
- street name - the official name recognized by municipality (could be alfa-numerical 2ND AVE, 36A ST)
- street type - ST, AVE, BLVD, etc. (in some instances, the street type is also the street name: THE PARKWAY, BROADWAY)
- street direction - NW, N, S, etc.
- municipality name - city, town (TORONTO, CALGARY, etc.)
- province - should be presented using the recognized two-letter symbol (AB, BC, MB, etc.)
- postal code - should be in upper case and with one space between the first three and last three characters (R1A 2B3)
Here's an example address:
10(2)-123(3) 1/2(4) MAIN(5) ST(6) NW(7)
MONTREAL(8) QC(9) H3Z 2Y7(10)
I would say this requires at least five fields in database:
- street address: combines points 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 (part 2 can have its own field, must be alpha-numeric)
- municipality: for part 8
- province: for part 9
- postal code: for part 10
- country: already exists (official abbriviation is CA)