After making one menu item hidden for anonymous users, this error appear when I go the site:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_fetch_object() in C:\xampp\htdocs\tecnotree\sites\all\modules\menu_per_role\menu_per_role.module on line 177

Comments

Dave Reid’s picture

Status:Active» Fixed

Looks like this has already been fixed in the latest dev.

leszek.hanusz’s picture

Status:Fixed» Active

What do you mean by the latest dev ?
I just tried again and can confirm this problem still exist for the latest dev version on the drupal website : 7.x-1.x-dev from 2011-Jun-16

leszek.hanusz’s picture

and this time I also saved the errors appearing after clicking save to make the menu link hidden to anonymous users :

Notice: Undefined index: menu in _menu_per_role_form_alter() (line 78 of C:\xampp\htdocs\tecnotree\sites\all\modules\menu_per_role\menu_per_role.admin.inc).
    Notice: Undefined index: menu in _menu_per_role_form_alter() (line 81 of C:\xampp\htdocs\tecnotree\sites\all\modules\menu_per_role\menu_per_role.admin.inc).
    Notice: Undefined index: menu in _menu_per_role_form_submit() (line 124 of C:\xampp\htdocs\tecnotree\sites\all\modules\menu_per_role\menu_per_role.admin.inc).
    The menu link identifier was not defined on Submit in Menu per Role. You are most certainly adding a new menu item. For this feature to work when adding a menu item, you must apply the patch defined in node #326210. That patch is included in this module for that purpose.

I was not adding a new menu item.

Dave Reid’s picture

Status:Active» Fixed

It's fixed in the latest Git 7.x-1.x branch. Somehow the 7.x-1.x-dev release isn't updating properly.

AlexisWilke’s picture

Status:Fixed» Active

It looks like 7.x-1.x-dev is version 6.x and not 7.x.

I refresh the .module, let's see whether that fixes it.

In the meantime, you may want to use the git instruction to retrieve the latest version of the module.

Thank you.
Alexis

AlexisWilke’s picture

Title:undefined function db_fetch_object()» The download for 7.x-1.x-dev looks like 6.x

Changing the title to correspond to the real problem.

Issue registered with Drupal.org: #1204916: Problem with repository of menu_per_role version 7.x-1.x-dev

AlexisWilke’s picture

Status:Active» Fixed

Alright, with the help of a Drupal git maestro I fixed the 7.x-1.x-dev release. You can now download the official branch and get the right files.

Sorry for the mess...

Thank you.
Alexis

leszek.hanusz’s picture

It's working correctly.
Thank you

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.