Dear everybody,

My apologies if this is a duplicate (i have searched)

When i select 'Netherlands' / 'Europe/Amsterdam' as my location / timezone, finish the installation and edit the admin user's settings, i get the wrong timezone: 'Europe/Kaliningrad'. This is also initially detected, and wrong, see below.

It does not seem to look like
But i guess it's related, because my timezone is also detected wrong initially, i Set it to 'Europe/Amsterdam' on install and still the wrong setting is saved to the admin user's account. > The website timezone is just fine< (after selecting the correct one, still detected wrong initially).

(Does language detect run twice? Ones for the site and ones for adding the site admin? i just wonder...)

O, and i run Firefox 3.6.18 (Dutch)

I get:
- zero errors
- zero notices
- A fully working D7 (of course ;) )

Keep it up!

#2 1198398.patch891 bytesstixes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 36,421 pass(es). View
wrong.png17.03 KBRob C
install.png17.88 KBRob C
Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


Rob C’s picture

(or is it the language selected is not used for the admin account on install and language detect just is wrong, same as, then this could be a possible feature request?)

stixes’s picture

Version: 7.2 » 7.x-dev
Assigned: Unassigned » stixes
Priority: Normal » Minor
Status: Active » Needs review
Issue tags: +installation
891 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 36,421 pass(es). View

Simple fix to propagate the timezone, selected during install, to the user_save for the admin account.

szt’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

Works fine, tested two times with different country settings.

webchick’s picture

Version: 7.x-dev » 8.x-dev
Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Fixed
Issue tags: +needs backport to D7

Nice catch! Confirmed both the bug and the fix with manual testing.

I checked with chx and he doesn't think that there's an easy way to write an automated test this, since it involves the graphical installer.

So, committed and pushed to 8.x and 7.x. Thanks!

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.