After upgraded to the newly lanuched (2 days) version 6.x-1.4, the CK Editor disappears sometimes. Firebug caught the below error:
uncaught exception: [CKEDITOR.resourceManager.load] Resource name "tableresize" was not found at "/sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor/plugins/tableresize/plugin.js?t=B5GJ5GG".
I put the CKEditor files to sites/all/libraries/ckeditor and specifed in the CKEditor module setting page that the path should be "%l" << the library path. However from the error above it seems that the module still try to get the CKEditor files from the folder within the module. After I copy another copy of the files to the folder inside the module, the CKEditor appears again.


dczepierga’s picture

Status: Active » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Yes i can confirm this bug, it is related with this issue: #1192676: Fix is_dir() function error and broken pagebreak button
It was fixed and commited to GIT, so pls try last DEV version of CKEditor module and write here does help or not in your case.


goldoak jp’s picture

I tried dev version and it eliminates the error but the editor does not show up on textareas specified.

Reference to include textarea has changed now to include the theme name, so I tried adding that version (with theme name) but editor still doesn't show up where it should.

How do I get it back?

goldoak jp’s picture

I found that adding the theme name to the include list in the global profile did the trick.

In the default profile the theme name is not added, but the editor now shows for the textareas specified.

Ashlar’s picture

The updated Dev version fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

dczepierga’s picture

Status: Postponed (maintainer needs more info) » Closed (fixed)

Ok so i mark this issue as fixed.


jmmec’s picture

I picked up the latest "dev" today (6/25/2011) and have discovered another way of creating the bug described above: it seems the Drupal CKEditor is saving the entire path information, which is fine, unless you develop your website on one machine, and then transfer it to another machine with a different directly hierarchy (which is what I do).

When I transferred the site to another server, CkEditor would not display (the error at the top of this thread was displayed in firebug), except I noticed that the directory path given was for my development server, and not for the production server, which explains why the file couldn't be found.

To "fix" the problem on my production server, I went to "Admin / CKEditor" and then clicked "Edit" to edit my profile (e.g. "Advanced") and then clicked "Save" at the bottom. Now CKEditor will display on my production server as expected.


jasonabc’s picture

@jmmec - thanks mate. Was getting the exact same issue - in this case it was a DNS change from a temporary access domain (http://someI.P./~mysite/) to a full .com domain name. CKEditor was saving the /~mysite/ path which was hosing it after the DNS had changed. I implemented your suggestion and that fixed it - thanks for posting!

robertstaddon’s picture

I just upgraded to the latest 7.x-1.4 release and had the same thing happen. CK Editor fields just disappeared. Same firebug error being generated. The "fix" from @jmmec of resaving all my profiles worked perfectly. Thank you!

drasgardian’s picture

Thanks @jmmec for the "fix".

It would be nice if ckeditor just cached those path details so that when moving sites it would only need a cache clear.

jackalope’s picture

Status: Closed (fixed) » Needs work

I experienced the same problem and JavaScript error after updating to 7.x-1.6; jmmec's solution worked (thank you!) but I agree that something still needs fixing here!

dczepierga’s picture

Status: Needs work » Closed (fixed)

It was fixed on one of the last releases, so pls update to last varsion of CKEditor module and this error shouldn't appear again.


timwhelanatl’s picture

Actually I am on 7.x-1.9 version and it dissapeared on my local. The Fix on #6 worked after I did it for all profiles and the global profile.