The best time to register for DrupalCon Dublin is now. Earlybird discounts end July 29.
Awesome module peeps.
I noticed that when a platform fails to be verified it is still available in the list of platforms that a site could be cloned too. Oops it probably shouldn't be listed since it's not a valid platform.
So the issue here is that a failed Verify doesn't change the Platform status from Enabled. (Only platforms with status Enabled are shown in the clone/migrate forms).
For that matter, it doesn't change the status for sites that fail to verify either.
Not sure I want to change the status to Disabled, as it might take a site offline in some circumstances which might not be necessary to fix a failed verify? Not sure that it would in fact take it offline.
There's also no 'Disabled' state for a Platform (The only thing that comes close to it is 'Lock' which prevents new sites being provisioned on it.).
This makes a lot of sense (in that a site that is normally working get's verified and fails).
My issue was that I created a platform and it never was properly verified. But still Enabled and so I was unable to Disable it. In turn it ended up showing up in the available platforms list which is not ideal since it's not a valid platform.
My suggestion would be the following:
* Set state of platform to disabled
* Create new platform (either through make files or otherwise)
* Upon completion set state to enabled
This would probably solve the issue of dead platforms being around that didn't successfully verify properly. In my case I can't actually get the platform to verify ever and had to disregard it.
OK, so if this patch gets in:
#1573162: Drush hosting_task_%task_rollback() invocations are never executed
Then we can actually add a rollback hook for when verifying a platform, so that if we found it failed, we immediately lock the platform so it cannot have sites created on it or have sites migrated onto it.
Hmm...the patch in #4 may result in the platform being locked, and when the verify does succeed, it won't automatically unlock, which is a bit weird I think. This might need some other platform status, to indicate that this platform had been working, but isn't working any more.
This bug report is against a very old version. Since all versions up to and including Aegir 1.x are deprecated, please confirm whether this remains a bug in Aegir 2.x, and post the results of any testing here.
The 6.x-2.x branch will go EOL along with Drupal this week. So I'm closing this issue. If it remains a confirmed issue in 7.x-3.x, feel free to re-open, or better yet, create a new issue referencing this one.
Drupal is a registered trademark of Dries Buytaert.