Digital Frontiers Media (DFM) is an award-winning multimedia production company based in Sarasota, Florida that specializes in projects where technology, content and interactivity intersect. DFM develops eye-catching interactive media, national attention-getting websites, and custom programming services, including Augmented Reality (AR) and mobile apps. DFM specializes in building projects that draw upon multiple disciplines to provide superior user experiences.
Stephen Barker founded Digital Frontiers Media to provide cost-effective excellence to web and interactive multimedia clients in 2007. Stephen was named one of 2010’s “25 People to Watch” in the July issue of Biz941 magazine. Stephen holds a Master's degree from 2006 for his work in Augmented Reality (AR) and Tangible User Interfaces (TUIs) and has over 5 years of experience in these technologies along with building physical computing systems using sensors, video analysis, servos, and other novel input-output devices.
For more news on Digital Frontiers Media, check out http://digitalfrontiersmedia.com
For a sneak peek at a sample of one of our "Headless Drupal" solutions for Mobile Apps (as showcased on pages 14-16 of Acquia's whitepaper entitled "Assembling Mobile Experiences", https://www.acquia.com/sites/default/files/library/attachment/WP_Assembl... ), check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ushW0SIXZVk .
Joined Drupal.org on January 19, 2007.
- Member for
- 9 years 8 months
- Over 5 edits
- Minor feature additions to the Ubercart project
- Co-author of Hierarchical Select Tutorial with Wim Leers
- Answers to issue queue problems and small patches to various projects
- Active member of local Sarasota, Florida Drupal Meetups.
- Silver level Sponsor for Florida DrupalCamp -- 2011, 2012, 2015
- Gold level Sponsor for Florida DrupalCamp -- 2013, 2014
Session presentations at DrupalCamps:
- HTML5 Media, Drupal, & Your Users
- Powering Mobile Apps with Drupal Services
- Introduction to Using Titanium with Drupal Services
- Non-evil XSS with Drupal & EasyXDM (VIDEO)
- A Case Study in Geolocation-based Site Polymorphism
- HelpDesk: Improve Client Relationships and Maintainer Experiences
- Fast! Anywhere! A Drupal Self-Hosted Video Case Study
- Stream Like a Boss
Drupal-related session presentations at BarCamps:
- Building Mobile Web Apps with Drupal & Titanium
DigitalFrontiersMedia helps support and grow the Drupal community with the Drupal Association.