Are you ready to make your Drupal website beautiful? Then it’s time to apply a theme.
Themes make Drupal websites beautiful – and Themers are the bridge between the science of code and the art of design. While Drupal markup isn’t the prettiest out of the box, it’s very flexible in how you alter it. A good theme will show off all the best aspects of your website, while maintaining all the speed and flexibility that Drupal brings to the table.
For more information on theming, check out the theming handbook, or dive in to the following resources:
- Installing themes
- How the theme system works
- Overview of theme files
- Assigning content to regions
- Video tutorial: How to Theme in Drupal 7
Different themes for different users
Do you have a custom design to implement or are you looking for a fresh look with an out of the box theme? Every website is unique, and themes should be, too.
Working with CSS
The best way to make your theme beautiful and unique is through CSS. Not sure where to get started? The following resources provide a great rundown of theming with CSS.
Working with HTML
Does the default HTML markup supplied by your site's modules disagree with your theme? You can override some or all of it, so that the resulting page is exactly what you need for your design.
Want to get more functionality out of your theme? The following tools and resources can help you dig deeper on your website.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Check out the following resources for solutions to common problems and answers.
Additional Resource Guides and Informational Pages
Here are some links to more Resource Guides and Informational Pages.
- Site Building with Drupal
- Module Development with Drupal
- Resource Guide: Managing Media in Drupal
- Resource Guide: Building an eCommerce Website
- Resource Guide: Configuring a Multilingual Site
- Resource Guide: Tools for Content Administration in Drupal
- Resource Guide: Launching a Government Website
- Resource Guide: Marketing Automation and CRM in Drupal
- Resource Guide: Drupal for Educational Institutions
- Resource Guide: Drupal for Nonprofit Websites
- Resource Guide: Drupal for Membership Websites
- Resource Guide: Social Media and Drupal
Do you have a suggestion for improving this informational page?
Suggestions for improving and editing this informational page are encouraged and welcome. Please send an email with your comments and recommendations for review. Thank you.