Check out the screencast for a demonstration and explanation of features and settings. The first couple minutes shows the module in action, followed by a deeper explanation of configuration options
Or, try a demonstration.
Drupal 7 upgrade is in progress.
#1318434: Drupal 7 version - upgrade task
What it does
Here's the highlights:
- Add, remove, and reorder nodes or blocks to a page without leaving or reloading the page or using editors
- Content added to hotblocks can be constrained to individual pages or be made global to display on all pages that contain the hotblock
- Can display multiple instances of the same block or node in multiple regions
- Can give end users the ability to add and remove blocks to pages without exposing the administer blocks permission
- Provides a means to filter which of those blocks are available to the user for adding so every block in the system is not exposed
- See an overview and administer all of your assigned hotblock content grouped by region, url, or taxonomy on a single page
- Allow users to add and remove content to a page without giving them permission to edit that content
- Advanced permissioning possible - allows you to control which roles can assign/remove/reorder each type of content to every hotblock individually if necessary
- You can use your own custom icon set for the UI controls to customize look and feel
- If you don't like the term "hotblock" you can customize the terminology exposed to the user to suit your purposes