This page documents wizonesolutions's typical workflow. It's a good starting point for understanding how the system is supposed to work. It's also worth taking a look at #1918538: Rough roadmap, thoughts, known issues.
How to setup
- Set up income accounts and credit card/loan accounts. These are just vocabularies that you add taxonomy to. Then you can track where you income's coming.
- Set up tax rates. The same rates are also used for the auto-saving (R&D percentage) field. I currently have something like
31% (I'm in Norway) and
- System is pretty much ready (unless I'm forgetting steps).
How to use
- Every so often (somewhere between a week and a month), I log into the system.
- I add new expected income. Expected means that I know it's coming (my clients always pay). I obviously add the amount I'll receive (minus payment processing fees). Etc. etc.
- I add expenses, generally a month at a time. I also go through my email and add expenses that I have filed away to be added with a particular label. These are generally non-recurring ones. For recurring ones, I tag them as weekly or monthly, filter the Expenses page by the tag, and then just Copy them all.