I'm a business analyst at Compumentor, a nonprofit technology company. We are looking for a Content Management System, and I've been charged with researching the field and make a recommendation. To accomplish this, I've developed high level requirements and am attempting to match about 18 products against this list. We are interested in commercial as well as open source solutions.
I have reviewed the available information on this site, but I'm still coming up short, and need many high level questions answered, so I'll post them here, and hope for the best. I'm not technically competent enough to install drupal myself and try to figure this stuff out.
Here are the questions. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of them.
1. is there an integrated editor for creating content (eg, articles, lists, etc)?
2. is it wysiwig?
3. does it allow the usual html formatting
4. does it enforce valid html, and what does it do with invalid html?
5. does it follow the W3C guidelines for accessibility for those with disabilities
6. can it be safely and easily used by people with no html skills?
Separation of Conent and Presentation
7. drupal uses php templates, but most of the sites I've seen look quite similar; can we design our own templates from the ground up? could we recreate www.techsoup.org exactly as it is, in drupal?
8. does drupal support CSS?