Passing an argument from the URL into a block is a common thing. The idea is that the content of a block will change according to what is viewed. For example, we would like a block to show us all the taxonomy terms of a certain node. For this reason we need to pass to the block the argument of the node id (nid). In the following url
http://xxx/node/123 argument number 1, which we will call %1, and is equal to 123.
When creating a mini panel, you get the functionality of Panel pages, but the outcome is a block that can be either configured through the blocks admin (
http://xxx/admin/build/block), or added to a panel page.
- Panel pages
- Mini panels
- Create a mini panel that shows the comments the currently signed-in user has written in the currently viewed page.
- Enable the block on nodes.
- Create a view according to the requirement- user_comments_per_node. (Example attached at bottom of page.)
- We need to prepare the integration of our view 'user_comments_per_node' with panels.
- Go to Admin, Panels, Views, or