Theme breaks when content updated

I'm having a bizarre problem.

I'm currently developing a website using Drupal 6.0. I've developed the theme and all was good. However, now, whenever I update content on the site - whether via the Drupal admin or directly on the database, the theme breaks.

The first thing to happen is I get an PHP Fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function menevit_get_mainnav() in /var/www/vhosts/menevit.com/httpdocs/sites/all/themes/menevit/page-front.tpl.php on line 13

This suggests that template.php is not being loaded as the function menevit_get_mainnav() is defined there.

What I do then is revert to the default theme (Garland) and the problem dissapears. This suggests that the issue is indeed with my theme. But where?

Now, I go back and reactivate my theme to see if the problem will just go away :) What happens now is that the stylesheet from my theme is being used, but not my template files.

This persists even if I disable all other themes (so my theme is the only one that is both enabled and default) and set my theme as the administrative theme.

The ONLY remedy to this problem (not a solution) is to restore the database from backup. When I do this, everything is back to normal - that is - until I update some content, at which point the issue starts all over again.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Default front page

Basically what this does is makes the URL to a story example.com/node/1 right?

And why can't I change this to anything else? Every time I try it says it's not valid.

Help on hook_menu and page arguments

How do I pass arguments like "www.example.com/example/example2.php" into my function?

when I tried :

Professional graphics/web designer needed

Independent consultant looking for professional graphics/web designer to complement my development skills with the creation and maintenance of client web sites, graphics, logos, etc. A long term working relationship is preferred.

Please include the following information:

  • Portfolio
  • Skills
  • Rates
  • Availability

james at oslx dot com

Custom Breadcrumbs: Customizing the breadcrumb trail

As the name suggests, Custom Breadcrumbs allows you to create and modify your own breadcrumbs based on node type. After enabling the module, go to Administer > User management > Access control. Grant the "administer custom breadcrumbs" permission to the appropriate roles. Then go to Administer > Site building > Custom breadcrumbs. On this page you'll see the option to add a new custom breadcrumb.

Clicking on that link, you have the option to select the node type the breadcrumb will apply to.

Below that, there are two text fields: "Titles" and "Paths." When creating a breadcrumb, you're simply creating a link. In the custom breadcrumbs interface "Titles" describes the text of the breadcrumb while "Paths" describes the Drupal path the breadcrumb links to. So each line of the title field corresponds to the equivalent line of the paths field. Thus, you must have the same number of titles and paths.

Will Pay for Consulting

I've been studying and using Drupal for the last 6 months and feel fairly comfortable with basic development. But as you can imagine, need some consulting support as specific client challenges come up.

CHALLENGES: I currently am developing 3 Drupal sites (with my own following). So I expect a few more issues arise (like file management by user - not role). But currently, I have been spending the last 2 weekends in front of drupal.org trying to solve my registration process issue.

My client wants a simple multi-page questionnaire that leads to multiple registration forms. Each form automatically assigns the user to a role.
The user_autorole module gets me 90% there. It allows me to create registration forms (and links) based on "rolesets".

So, basic nodes (the questionnaire) lead to these different roleset links (like, user/register/client and user/register/advisor). When the registration form is completed they automatically get assigned to that role (client or advisor).

But both registration forms need to be different. So, the problem I am having is that I cannot change the content on each form. I've created ALL the content needed for both forms via the profile_module. But everything shows up on the user/register/client AND user/register/advisor links.

Pages

Subscribe with RSS Subscribe to RSS - Drupal 6.x