This is a sandbox project, which contains experimental code for developer use only.
This module displays current weather conditions, as a block, from any weather station that reports to aprs.fi. This means that you can select an unlimited amount of weather machines from precise locations (street level) and display their data in a block.
- Register for a free account at aprs.fi to obtain an api key. Once registered, the key can be found on your aprs.fi account page.
- Install from URL or extract and copy to sites/all/modules and enable.
- Visit admin/config/aprsfi/weather to enter your api key and configure other settings.
Module creates a customizable block which can optionally show each of the following reports (future versions hope to allow for creation of multiple blocks).
- Station name
- Wind direction
- Wind speed
- Wind gust
- Rainfall over 1hr
- Rainfall over 24hr
- Rainfall since midnight
- Luminosity (not currently supported)
- Each report (listed above) can be individually toggled on or off.
- Scale can be either US or metric.
- Station names can be customized using String Overrides
- Date/Time can be customized using Drupal date types.
This module is also the first in a series of forthcoming aprs.fi modules.
Due the usage terms of the APRS.fi api, the module requires an api key to function. A key can be obtained by registering for a free account at APRS.fi. A visible link to APRS.fi is also required and is included in the block's view. You are free to style the link as you wish as long as the outcome is not deceptive in nature.