This is a sandbox project, which contains experimental code for developer use only.
Managed Groups is a lightweight, top-down approach to grouping that relies upon complete administrative control of group creation and membership. Many sites use grouping functionality to create autonomous, flexible, peer-managed sub-communities within the site; in these cases Organic Groups is ideal. However, other sites require top-down approaches to administration and management, wherein user creation and management of groups must be carefully managed by the administrator; in these cases Managed Groups may be more appropriate. As such, Managed Groups is not in competition with Organic Groups, but, rather, is a fundamentally different way of implementing content and user grouping that is essential for many types of sites.
The Managed Groups module allows the administrator to:
- Create groups;
- Assign node types to be managed by the module;
- Assign members to groups;
- Assign content to groups;
- Promote group administrators;
- Manage memberships based upon internal and external login names;
- Manage orphan content and members.
Group members may:
- View content in the group;
- Edit their own content in the group;
- Create content in the group.
Group administrators may:
- Delete content in the group;
- Update content in the group.
Managed Groups is built for Drupal 7.