The Book author access module allows a book's main page's author to edit and
manage all the lower level pages of a book.
The purpose of this module is to allow multiple users to collaborate and build a book while allowing one user to be the 'main editor' for the entire book, without granting this user higher level permissions. (ie 'administer nodes')
- Book (core): Allows users to structure site pages in a hierarchy or outline.
- ACL: Access control list API. Has no features on its own.
- Book access: Allows to set the access control for book nodes on a per book basis.
- Book author access permissions can be rebuilt from the module's administration form (admin/content/book/access).
- Module is designed to be lightweight.
- Module can be used with any other ACL based module.
- To review node access permissions use the Devel node access (DNA) module. (http://drupal.org/project/devel)
- Code should be simplified to use hook_node_access(), which was added in D7.