Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Re-working of the phone & cck phone modules to be combined and use libphonenumber. Seefor history.
This version of the phone module has the following features:
- Provides a Phone field type, Phone field widget, and several formatters.
- Provides a Phone FAPI element which can be used in custom modules.
- Backports the "tel" input element from D8 as "phone_tel", and allows this to be used for number input elements.
- One field instance can support every country.
- Limit allowable countries.
- Includes customisable comment/label support (Work, Home, Fax, etc..).
- Full region level validation for all phone numbers using libphonenumber. This supports most if not all known countries, and works for both the Phone field widget, and Phone FAPI element.
- Region specific output formatting using libphonenumber, supporting International, National, E.164, and RFC3966 output styles.
- tel: href support using RFC3966.
- Full token support.
- Feeds & Migrate integration.
- Microdata (itemprop=telephone), RDFa (foaf:phone), and microformats hcard (class="tel/type/value") support. Full type support can be enabled by customising the available comment options.
- Devel Generate support. Handy, if you need an Acquia sales office phone number.
- Views and Entity API integration.
- Support for countries to be disabled via external modules like the Countries module.
NB: Only feature currently not available from the above modules that I'm aware of is the ability to disable country validation form Phone number. I don't expect this to be a problem using libphonenumber for validation.