Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Consensus is a platform for both creating content and having discussion in large groups.
A demonstration of the module in action can be seen on the YourConsensus.org website (you must register with the site to edit the page):
Do not install the 6.x-1.x branch
The Consensus module is dependent on specific versions of the following modules:
Consensus requires PHP 5.x. The PHP installation must include the following extensions:
Most PHP installations will have the above extensions as standard, but some do not. Check your phpinfo to see if they are installed.
Instead of downloading all the third party files separately, a package containing all the files required in addition to the module is available here: http://tomkaneko.com/downloads/consensus_package.zip
Otherwise, follow these instructions to acquire the necessary components:
Consensus requires jQuery Update module 6.2.x. It requires that jQuery 1.4.2+ is installed through this module. To do this, follow this thread: http://drupal.org/node/685060
Consensus requires jQuery UI module v1.4 or above, and requires jQuery UI v1.8 which does not come with the module. You will have to patch this module and import jQuery UI v1.8. Follow this thread for more information: http://drupal.org/node/749126
Custom jQuery plugins
The following jQuery plugins must be downloaded and put into the 'consensus/js' folder.
- nested Sortable plugin (named/renamed 'jquery.ui.nestedSortable.js') -
- autoresize plugin (use autoresize.jquery.min.js) -
- JSON plugin (use jquery.json-2.2.min.js or newer. Rename to jquery.json.min.js) -
- jQuery Forms plugin (make sure it is named jquery.form.js) -
Follow these instructions once the necessary files are in place
- Install dependent modules (jQuery Update and jQuery UI)
- Install Consensus module
- Create or amend a content type.
- Navigate to admin->content types->*your content type*->Manage Fields.
- Add a new field, filling the label name, field name, select the Consensus type, and click "Save".
- In the settings form, review and change the settings as necessary. Hit save.
- Every node of that content type now has a fully editable Consensus field.
You will probably want to install the Consensus Users block module.
Incompatibility between 6.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x
The 6.x-2.x branch uses fields, whereas the 6.x-1.x branch uses the node body to store its data. You cannot upgrade from the 6.x-1.x to 6.x-2.x or vice versa. Consider the 6.x-1.x branch to be abandoned. If enough people request an update script, this may be considered, but please do not use the 6.x-1.x branch.