This module integrates the standards-compliant XStandard WYSIWYG editor by Belus Technology, Inc into Drupal.
XStandard meets very high accessibility requirements. See this blog post at Standards Schmandards for a thorough comparison with other WYSIWYG editors. A feature chart is available at the XStandard website.
Note that unlike TinyMCE and FCKeditor this is a browser plug-in that needs to be downloaded and installed on the client.
Supported platforms and browsers
- For Windows 2000, XP, Vista: IE 5.0+, Firefox 1.0+, Safari 3.0+ or Opera 9.0+
- For OS X 10.3.9+: Firefox 1.0+ or Safari 1.3+
DRUPAL 6.x USERS: The HTML corrector feature in Drupal 6 causes problems with XStandard and must currently be disabled, see.
For unsupported browsers/platforms a normal textarea input field is displayed.
Direct download links for the browser plug-in
Note that XStandard is a proprietary product and not open source.
There are two versions of XStandard:
- XStandard Lite (free for commercial use)
- XStandard Pro (get an evaluation version here)
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Filters/Editors
- Reported installs: 5 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,661
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.