Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Features yet implemented
- User Interface: Easy and fast user interface for image uploading
- Supports a lot of editors: CKeditor, TinyMCE, FCKeditor.. (Every editor supported by the WYSIWYG Module)
- Image Browser: You can browser and add images you already uploaded before. Build on views, so create your own filters, searches or styles!
- Details: You can set image details like Title, Text-Floating, and Styles(Border, Spacing) and Preset (ImageCache)
- Supported languages yet: English, German, Russian, Chinese, French
- Sizes: Use custom image sizes using drag&drop
- Imagecache: Supporting ImageCache. You can choose presets in the dialog
- WYSIWYG cross edtitor compatible: Based on the WYSIWYG Module and API
- Drupal FAPI: Completely based on the Drupal FAPI
- Dialog is based on the jquery ui dialog. The Dialog theme is a jquery-ui theme, which can be replaced
New Features in 6.2.x
- CCK Textarea: You can plase image CCK textarea field which run the WYSIWYG or any field having the normal filters applied to them. Great for teasers..
- Views support: Use the views integration to utilize the images in views. The image-browser is implemented using views.
- Easier to install. Requirement checks and status reports helping you installing the module correctly.
- Rewritten the backend and the form workflow. Much better now.
- New UI for even easier use
- Images are rendered using a filter. You can theme them anytime.
- New API for easy-implementing submodules for extending the meta-data you can enter for an image, like description, author, licence or whatever you want.(Like the lightbox submodule)
- Lightbox integration as a submodule for full-size image privews onclick
- Fancybox integration as a submodule for full-size image privews onclick
- Shadowbox integration as a submodule for full-size image privews onclick
- Captions are now rendered below the image. You can theme them the way you like (or dont show them).
- Administration: Set the path to upload the images to (Global/User)
- Administration: Define the maximun filesize possible to upload by the user
- Migrate: You can easily migrate from 6.1.x to 6.2.x using the migration submodule
Please read 6.2.x for further details.
Quick try / test?
Just use the make file to install all dependencies needed: this for quicksetup This setup should not take you longer then 2 minutes.
Installation/ Configuration / Dependencies / Incompatibilities
For a quicksetup using drush use this howto ( 4 commands )
- Dependencies and Compatibilies
- Installation HowTo. READ THIS!
- Known incompatibilies
- Migration from 6.1.x
- Issues? Check the FAQ section before posting issues, and if you post issue, please read how to do this
- To let wysiwyg_imagupload work in blocks, please lookt at http://drupal.org/project/nodeblock
This plugins aims to be useable by every user, also beginners. It should provide a clean and fast interface to upload images and place them inline into your content.
Cross-Editor compatibilty [done]
Using the WYSIWYG-Api one major goal is to support every editor supported there. So at least yet all main editors like TinyMCE, FCKeditor, YUI and so forth are support. So one Module for image uploading for all editors.
As the module and the dialog is build using the drupal form API, you can use it to customize the dialog-pages. In addition you can provide your own dialog theme and change the look of the dialog.
Contributions / Issues
Contributions are highly respected, also feedback on issues or patches.
Please don't hassle with feature request, but please think about them properly, before you file in a issue-ticket. Please provide a basic outline of what the goal or the benefit of this feature would be. Outline the group of user you think is interested in.
Implement them! :)
Finally WUI movied to git.drupal.org. So you can use drupal.org`s git architecture and whatever.
If you like the module, please write a comment here http://drupal.org/node/692070 to motivate people working on it!
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 869 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 34,916
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.