Allows the use of client-side editors to edit content. It simplifies the installation and integration of the editor of your choice. This module replaces all other editor integration modules. No other Drupal module is required.
The Wysiwyg module supports any kind of client-side editor including HTML editors (a.k.a. WYSIWYG),
pseudo-editors (buttons to insert markup into a textarea), or even Flash-based applications. The editor library must be downloaded separately. Various editors are supported (see below).
The Wysiwyg module also provides an abstraction layer for other Drupal modules to integrate with any editor. This means that other Drupal modules can expose content-editing functionality, regardless of which editor you have installed.
- Download and install the module as usual.
- Go to Administer » Site configuration » Wysiwyg, and follow the on-screen installation instructions that are displayed there.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions. Do not download/extract editor libraries upfront.
- Do not alter any files of this module manually.
- Supported editor versions
- Compatibility with other Drupal modules
- Installing Wysiwyg module
- How to integrate your module (for developers)
- Editors: CKEditor, EpicEditor, FCKeditor, jWysiwyg, markItUp, NicEdit, TinyMCE, Whizzywig, WYMeditor, YUI editor.
- Plugins: Teaser break (built-in), and more.
To complete the big picture, this project not only needs hands-on development, it also needs funding. If better WYSIWYG support matters to you, then you should contribute. The maintainers are also available for contract work.
This project has been sponsored by:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 355,558 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,028,142
- Last modified: February 19, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.