Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This module provides a handy solution for the following situation:
- you want to offer some files for download to either anonymous or registered users
- you don't want those files to be publicly accessible
- you want to collect some data before granting access to the files
- you want to be sure that the user gives a valid email address
This module provides protected downloads using webforms. When you create a webform you can select which of the attached files you want to protect. You need to specify the webform field used for the confirmation mail (this must be a mandatory email field) and how long the download should be accessible after the user has submitted the form.
When a user submits a webform with protected files he will be sent an email with a link to the downloads page. The link contains an individual hash code that will be checked upon page load to verify the access. If verification fails access will be denied. If it succeeds the user will see the default private upload file listing with all protected files that are attached to the webform.
Dependencies (Drupal 6)
- Webform 3.x (tested with 6.x-3.9)
- Private Upload (tested with 6.x-1.0-rc3)
- Token (tested with 6.x-1.15)
Dependencies (Drupal 7)
See the included README.txt
See the included README.txt.
Comparison to other modules
Check out the Comparison of file download gateway and tracking modules for a list of similar modules.
How you could help
- Test functionality and give feedback
- Write a handbook page or enhance first time setup instructions for the README.txt
- Write and contribute automated tests
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 2,586 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 15,602
- Last modified: April 16, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.