This module uses free weather data from yr.no to display current weather conditions from anywhere in the world. Forecasts for up to 11 days are included. Data for more than 14.000 places worldwide is included for easy weather display.
The old branch, 7.x-1.x, uses METAR (METeorological Aerodrome Report) data to display current weather conditions from anywhere in the world.
- Supports detailed weather forecasts for up to 11 days (depending on location)
- Supports an unlimited number of blocks and an unlimited number of locations per block
- Provides a custom block which can be administrated by a user
- Users can search for a location and get a display of the weather conditions
- Integrates with Views module
- Integrates with Geofield module and shows the weather near a node's location or near a taxonomy term's location
- Integrates with Location module and shows the weather near a node's location
- Integrates with Smart IP module and shows the weather near the user's location
- Displays different images for daytime and nighttime
- Download of weather data is scheduled in a smart way to reduce unnecessary network traffic and keep your site responsive
- Displayed units of the weather data are completely configurable
- Layout of displayed block is configurable with the template engine
- Supports custom weather images
- Fully translatable, currently available in English, German, Dutch, Czech, Norwegian, Russian, Hungarian, Danish, Italian, Spanish, French, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Romanian, Greek, Croatian, and Slovak
- Works well with any database
- Makes extensive use of the Testing framework
Notes on upgrade from 7.x-1.x version
If you've installed the 7.x-1.x version of the weather module, you can easily upgrade to the new 7.x-2.x version. Most of your custom configuration will be saved and migrated to the 7.x-2.x version.
Please make a backup of your database in case something goes wrong!
- Make sure you've installed the latest version of the 7.x-1.x branch of the module. Upgrades are only supported from that version.
- Enable maintenance mode for your website.
- Make a backup of your database.
- Completely remove the directory "weather" under the directory "sites/all/modules".
- Copy the newly downloaded 7.x-2.x version of weather to your directory "sites/all/modules".
- Run update.php.
- Check that all weather module settings have been migrated as expected.
- Check the names of automatically migrated new locations.
- Disable maintenance mode for your website.
Some things have changed between 7.x-1.x and 7.x-2.x versions of the
weather module. Here is a short list for your convenience:
- Instead of about 4.500 locations, the module now includes more than 14.000 locations worldwide.
- The option to display a "compact weather block" has been removed, as it made no longer sense. Now the weather block shows a compact forecast for a place with a link to a page with the detailed forecast.
- The permission "access weather page" has been renamed to "access weather search page". The new permission gets updated on all roles which previously had the old permission if you perform the upgrade from 7.x-1.x.
- The previously configured locations in all weather displays are migrated to new locations during the upgrade from 7.x-1.x. Note that this might not be the desired new location, because the module simply searches for the nearest new location. Therefore, you need to check all locations yourself after the upgrade. For example, the location "Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel" becomes "Norderstedt (7.5 km from Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel)" after the upgrade.
Notes on upgrade from 6.x-5.x version
Direct upgrades from 6.x-5.x versions of the weather module to 7.x-2.x versions are not supported and will not work. You need to upgrade to 7.x-1.x first.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Location, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 5,281 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 111,212
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: November 11, 2015
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.