Vimeo Link Formatter module is a simple module that exposes a formatter for Link module fields to render values as an embedded Vimeo.com video player (or thumbnail) if it is a valid url for a Vimeo.com video page. Integrates with Imagecache External in order to use core image styles with the thumbnail formatter. If the URL of the link field is not a valid Vimeo.com video page, then the value is ignored and not rendered. Suggestions and patches are welcome for better ways to handle this.
This module was originally created as a quick fix for a Drupal 7 version of Media: Vimeo (media_vimeo), which depends on the Media, Media Internet Sources (part of the Media project), and Embedded Media Field modules. However, as it seems overkill to require sites to install 4 modules for this singular function, the module will continue to be actively maintained.
If you need vimeo embedding and aren't already using the media module, then this module provides a simple and lightweight option.
- Configure a content type with a link field.
- Download, install and enable the module, as usual.
- Go to the Display settings for that content type.
- Configure the link field to use the Vimeo Player formatter.
- Create a content item with a URL for a Vimeo video page in that link field, and note that the video player renders.
- Create a content item with a URL for something else in that link field, and note that it is ignored.
The author of this module is available for hire. Contact Bevan.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 1,890 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 9,205
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.