This module provides new styles for Views module to display news tickers. A comparison of similar modules is available here: http://drupal.org/node/418616
6.x-2.x version is a backport from D7. Tested on firefox, needs testing on other browsers. If you are upgrading from 6.x-1.x versions & run into issues, try recreating view.
Available ticker styles:
Smooth transition between news titles, light and JQuery-powered.
- BBC Style:
Display news titles typewriter-like (Only links)
Uses a JQuery plugin by Bryan Gullan
Display horizontally or vertically scrolling news titles.
Uses JScroller by Markus Bordihn
jQuery based Vertical scrolling lines with options: pause time, speed, direction, items displayed
jQuery based Horizontal scrolling lines with options: Direction, speed
Note: Scroller (JScroller) is available in 7.x-1.x only. liScroller is available in 6.x-2.x & 7.x-2.x. JScroller is replaced with vTicker & liScroller. Support for JScroller will be dropped going forward.
Put in the views tickers only short fields! Use inline fields if things don't work the way they should [views fields settings -> inline fields].
For BBC style, use link fields only.
Node title field should be in view (can be excluded from display), or else it throws an error. Fixed in 6.x-2.0 & 7.x-2.0.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content, Third-party Integration, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 12,372 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 38,835
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: October 2, 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.