Nivo Slider is the Most Awesome jQuery Image Slider out integrated with Views and Imagecache.
NOTE: Current active branch is 7.x-3.x. 7.x-2.x is deprecated, you will need to download the Nivo Slider jQuery plugin manually for 7.x-3.x
1) Install and enable the module, together with Views and Libraries API
2) Download the Nivo Slider jquery plugin, supported versions are 2.7.x and 3.x, extract it under
2.7.x or 3.x?
- 2.7.x is recommended over 3.x, as 3.x does not work under Chrome (see issue)
- 2.7.x has 3 themes included, this has been removed in 3.x due to responsive design
1) Create/Edit a view, it only needs 3 fields - a Title, an Image and a Link field, Image field image style is ignored, use the Format to configure it
2) Select Views Nivo Slider for both Format and Show
3) Under Format's Settings, select the correct version you downloaded earlier
1) Create/Edit a view, make your filters and add a Title, an Image and a Link field... Any other field will be ignored.
2) Choose Views Nivo Slider as Row Style and select Title, Image and Link fields. Title and Link are optionals or if empty, will not be showed.
3) Go to Style and select Views Nivo Slider and configure as you like.
Ciril has made a great and helpful screencast teaching how to install and setup this module.
- Nivo Slider 1.9 (1.3)
- Nivo Slider 2.0 (2.0)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, Third-party Integration, Views
- Reported installs: 19,291 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,256
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: March 27, 2015